Pollinosis: General Aspects
Pollinosis is a group of diseases associated with pollen allergy to plants:
- Allergic rhinitis (a runny nose, itching, sneezing, nasal congestion);
- Allergic conjunctivitis (lacrimation, redness of both eyes, itching in both eyes);
- Bronchial asthma.
Pollinosis can be caused by pollen of trees, meadow and weeds.
Currently, trees are actively blooming, therefore, all allergic patients should start prevention and basic therapy right now.
- For meadow grasses, these measures should be started on May 15;
- For weeds – on June 15.
What exactly do you need to do?
- Take antihistamines 2 of the generation;
- Suprastin, tavegil, fenistil, dimedrol are not allowed in bronchial asthma, as they make the mucus in the bronchi thicker and exacerbate coughing;
- Pregnancy women can use loratadine, breastfeeding women can use loratadine and cetirizine;
- Install the air filter at home;
- Change street clothes at home and ask your relatives and guests do the same thing, as the pollen is fixed on clothes and can be brought home;
Use protective sprays 15 minutes before going outside and then every 3-4 hours.
Why do we need a diet at is the diet at pollinosis?
Some products contain proteins that are similar to pollen proteins. When taking such foods, either manifestation of pollen infection may increase or you may have the following symptoms in the oral mucosa:
- itching in the mouth;
- dry throat;
- discomfort when swallowing;
- soreness of mucous membrane.
What are these products?
With an allergy to the pollen of trees:
- fresh apples
- fresh pear;
- fresh cherry;
- fresh plums and prunes;
- fresh apricot and dried apricots;
- fresh strawberry;
- fresh celery;
- fresh parsley;
- fresh carrot;
- new potatoes.
With an allergy to the pollen of meadow grasses:
- cereals (rye, wheat, barley, oats);
With an allergy to the pollen of weeds:
- seeds, halva, sunflower oil
- garlic, mayonnaise
With a severe course of pollinosis, you should consider the option of leaving the city for this period, preferably to the coastal regions, where due to the coast the pollen concentration is several times smaller.