Non-Drug Treatment of Allergic Diseases
Non-pharmacological treatment methods for allergic diseases: why are they needed?
In connection with the general steroid phobia, that is, the fear of hormonal drugs that occurs due to ignorance, non-drug methods are gaining momentum.
The phrase “medicine is evil, I will be treated without them” is very popular amoung patients. But are non-drug treatments for asthma really that good?”
Note: bronchial asthma is a disease in which allergic inflammation occurs. This inflammation is the cause of all troubles, and neither acupuncture, nor therapeutic breathing, nor saline suspensions, nor proper nutrition can cope with the already existing inflammation. They can limit its spread, train the airways to reduce their excessive reactivity, prevent excessive inflammation, but cannot remove the already existing inflammation.
Therefore, none of the non-pharmacological methods can replace basic therapy.
Moreover, the described negative actions of medical respiration, for example, are associated not only with a violation of the technique of execution but also with the rejection of drug therapy.
At the same time, basic asthma therapy does not train bronchi, does not enhance the evacuation of bronchial contents, does not strengthen anti-infectious immunity, and all this is important for the effective control of asthma.
Auxiliary methods can cope with these tasks
Various breathing exercises:
- contribute to the effective evacuation of sputum, which is difficult for asthmatics, especially in children due to age-related features of the chest);
- promote “training” of respiratory organs receptors, due to the volume of movements improves the evacuation of sputum;
- promote “training” of respiratory organs receptors.
- adaptogen allows the immune, nervous, endocrine, respiratory systems to improve the efficiency of their work and better adapt to changing conditions;
- speleotherapy is better than halotherapy, thanks to the diversity of trace element composition;
- caves should be located in a medical facility and undergo an annual inspection and maintenance;
- salt caves can be only visited in the case of remission with the achieved control of asthma;
- the course should be 15-20 sessions at about the same time of day.
- trains the thermoreceptors and vascular and bronchial receptors so that they respond correctly to temperature fluctuations;
- forms resistance to cooling and overheating.
Perfect sports combine the properties of tempering and breathing exercises:
- figure skating;
- game sports;
- yoga (breathing exercises).
Important: you should not try to reach high achievements in sports. This activity should be supportive.
What is NOT recommended?
- no evidence of effectiveness;
- risks of incompatibility with drug therapy;
- no proof of safety;
- risks of asthma exacerbation.